Are you interested in a particular topic about chakra stones? Then use the table of contents below to jump to the most relevant section.
And you can always go back by clicking on the black arrow in the right bottom corner of the page. Also, please note that some of the links in this article may be affiliate links. For more details, check the Disclosure section at the bottom of the page.
- What are the chakra stones?
- Chakra colors and stones
- Stones for Crown Chakra
- Third Eye stones
- Stones for Throat Chakra
- Stones for Heart Chakra
- Solar Plexus crystals
- Crystals for Sacral Chakra
- Stones for Root Chakra
- How to use chakra stones?
- How to activate crystals?
- Chakras and crystals. Summary
Sometimes I feel like a deflated air balloon: lack of energy, total apathy, no strength in doing what I have to be doing. Have you ever experienced that?
I struggle for days and keep reminding myself that better days are still ahead and that there’s always a rainbow after the rain.
But waiting for those mood swings to change and get my energy back is pure torture.
I am naturally leaning toward staying as positive and as productive as I can. So I was pretty happy to discover chakra balancing ideas and the concept of healing stones and crystals.
And although for some skeptics might think of it as a bunch of mumbo jumbo, I found some peace of mind in modern physics. One of my favorite books in the field is “Reality Is Not What It Seems” by Carlo Rovelli.
And amongst many other things, it explains and proves that everything in the universe is just vibrating particles. All of those particles, including the ones making healing stones, have their energy.
That’s how, even scientifically, I can rationalize to myself why and how healing stones are working.
So, from now on, as soon as this wave of apathy is approaching, I stick to my crystals. Wearing a cute piece of jewelry, combining the most powerful crystals, or a favorite set of stones in my pocket gives me comfort and instant relief.
The key for chakra balancing is to open all energy centers of one’s body and many techniques allow accomplishing that. Amongst some of the methods are energy healing by hands, various types of meditation, yoga, pranayama, holistic medicine, Reiki, and, of course, crystal healing.
What are the chakra stones?
Each chakra in your body is associated with a specific area and color. Many healing stones and crystals can be used for cleansing, activating and balancing the energy of the chakras.
The method is based on the fact that chakra stones possess their energy field. Its vibrations are directed and amplified by each crystal, and resonating with the specific energy centers of your body.
The powerful chakra balancing combination may include the following crystals:
- Amethyst, healing stone that provides purifying and protective energy to help clear, open, and balance the Crown Chakra.
- Jasper, an ideal tool for overcoming procrastination by revealing the exact reason for avoiding certain tasks and bringing the motivation needed to resolve the issue. And it’s perfect for balancing Solar Plexus Chakra.
- Lapis Lazuli, powerful crystal for activating the higher mind and enhancing intellectual ability. It is excellent for improving memory. Balancing the Third Eye Chakra.
- Rock crystal that helps with improving self-respect. This wonderful crystal also possesses the ability to accommodate and incorporating the other crystals’ energy.
- Agate, which stabilizes the aura, eliminating and transforming negative energies. Use with the 1st through 4th chakras.
- Tigers Eye, powerful stone that aids harmony and balance, and helps you to release fear and anxiety. It promotes intuition at the solar plexus chakra and enhances psychic ability at the Third Eye chakra.
- Green Aventurine, comforter and heart healer, used to clean and activate the Heart Chakra for general well-being and emotional calm. So don’t ever underestimate the healing power of natural crystals.
Chakra colors and stones
Each chakra has its unique healing color. Colors have certain frequencies and wavelengths that match each chakra. Healing stones that match the color of the chakra help it “breathe in” and direct “Prana” or the life-giving energy of the Universe.
Let’s take a closer look at each chakra and its matching stones:
Stones for Crown Chakra
The crown chakra stands for divine insight, and it is located on top of the head. When it’s open, you will feel more flexible and have a more unobstructed view of things as they are. You’ll learn more about the ebb and flow of life and will not be unruffled by setbacks.
Violet chakra stones are the most powerful ones for this chakra, and one such stone is
You can learn more in our detailed guide “Crown chakra stones“
Third Eye stones
The third eye chakra is between the eyes on the forehead and stands for your power to focus on and see the big picture.
The most efficient stones for this chakra are the ones with indigo color. You can use lapis, iolite or even amethyst. These stones clarify the third eye, bring in knowledge, wisdom and creative expression. Place the stone between the brows, think of the color and focus on your thoughts.
You can learn more in our detailed guide “Third eye chakra stones“
Stones for Throat Chakra
This chakra represents how you express yourself and relate to others. When it’s open, you may find it very easy to express your thoughts and feelings and be truthful about yourself. A healthy throat chakra also indicates a healthier mouth, gums, teeth, and nasal passages.
Blue is the most powerful color for this chakra, and the stones you can use are blue sapphire, lapis lazuli, and turquoise. Place these stones on your larynx and think of positive speech and words. Or you can wear this stone as a piece of jewelry, like the ring on the photo, and manifest all the good things in a same manner – with a power of thought.
You can learn more in our detailed guide “Throat chakra stones“
Stones for Heart Chakra
The heart chakra represents pure love, and green and pink chakra stones give it enormous power. Place the stone on your breastbone, think of the colors, let the anger go and open your heart. It will soothe and mend any heartbreak in a natural way.
For green stones, choose malachite, green tourmaline, green moss agate, and emerald. For pink stones, choose rose quartz, ruby or pink tourmaline. Rose quartz nurtures your emotions and heals the heart.
You can learn more in our detailed guide “Heart chakra stones“
Solar Plexus crystals
This chakra stands for the intellect and how you see yourself in the world. It’s located in the upper abdomen and is powered by yellow chakra stones. When it’s low in power, you may feel fearful and not confident. On a physical aspect, you may experience problems with digestion.
To empower the solar plexus chakra, place a yellow crystal. So some of the powerful healing stones for healing solar plexus chakra, for instance, citrine or amber at least 2 inches above your belly button. Amber purifies the mind and spirit, while citrine dissipates negative thoughts and feelings.
You can learn more in our detailed guide “Solar Plexus chakra stones“
Crystals for Sacral Chakra
The sacral chakra is 2 inches below the navel and stands for creative thinking and accepting others. When it’s open, you’ll feel more flexible in both body and mind. You tend to be creative and open to different ideas.
If you want to strengthen the sacral chakra, choose orange stones like carnelian, dark or brown citrine, orange calcite, and tangerine quartz. Place the orange healing stone above the pelvic bone, think of the color and yourself as a creative being.
You can learn more in our detailed guide “Sacral chakra stones“
Stones for Root Chakra
This chakra represents passion and the feeling of being grounded. It’s located at the base of the spine, and you feel secure, empowered and full of life when it’s open.
And to keep the root chakra open, choose red chakra stones. To jumpstart the healing process just place the stone between the thighs, near the groin, and think of the color red. The crystal will remove weakness, tiredness and boosts your confidence.
Amongst the healing stones for balancing base chakra are red jasper, ruby, bloodstone, and garnet. And I would like to elaborate a bit more about garnet because it really is a magnificent gem.
A stone of loyalty, Red Garnet symbolizes love. It revitalizes emotions and intensifies passion, bringing warmth, affection, harmony, trust, and openness into any relationship. As for it’s healing properties, it purifies the chakras and balances energy, bringing the wearer peace, passion or serenity – whatever is appropriate and desired. Natural garnet can be a bit pricey (and it makes sense to stick with NATURAL crystals if you want to experience their true energy). But this gorgeous pendant definitely won’t break the bank and bring all the garnet’s energy you would like to access.
You can learn more in our detailed guide “Root chakra stones“
How to use chakra stones?
One of the easiest methods to reap all the benefits from healing crystals is to carry it around as close to your body as possible. It can be as simple as the piece of jewelry or something more advanced as an amulet or a set of stones.
And even though it’s much easier to lose the stone rather than a bracelet, I find that holding or touching the crystal soothes my not only from the energy point of view but also releases the stress and anxiety. It’s sort of forms an anchor – subconsciously you know that touching the crystal will do good to you and it works immediately to bring calm.
With that being said, great chakra crystal options can be a set or a bracelet.
Chakra stones kit
This kit features seven absolutely stunning crystals to stabilize the chakras.
Some of the most powerful healing stones out there:
- Red Jasper for Root Chakra,
- Carnelian Banded Agate for Sacral Chakra,
- Clear Quartz for Crown Chakra,
- Lapis Lazuli for Throat Chakra,
- Green Aventurine for Heart Chakra,
- Amethyst for Third Eye Chakra and
- Citrine for Solar Plexus Chakra.
Those chakra stones work in two ways for me personally. As I’ve mentioned – as a mean to unblock all the blocked energy chakras and promote good health and to give me an immediate boost of good mood as soon as I touch them.
Chakra balancing bracelets
This bracelet represents the most straightforward way to utilize the power of healing stones and crystals.
Even with the increasing popularity of mindfulness meditation, many of us walk through life stressed, anxious, and all-over-the-place. This multi-colored gemstone bracelet is not only beautiful but also helps those of us who need balance in our lives.
Each stone represents one of your chakras: Crown, Third Eye, Throat, Heart, Solar Plexus, Sacral, and Root.
The natural stones work together to absorb negative energies from the environment around you, while at the same time shielding and protecting you from emotional and physical harm.
This rare mix of stones also helps keep your chakras “open,” so your health and healing can flow naturally while keeping you fully energized and feeling like your true and happy self.
Healing stones and crystals used in this chakra bracelet:
- Clear Quartz – charka healing stone that known for increasing energy in general, and in particular the power of all the other crystals.
- Amethyst – the premier spiritual stone, providing purifying, healing, and protective energies to help clear, open, and balance the Crown Chakra. In ancient times it believed that those healing stones were able to help strengthen the immune system and reduce pain.
- Lapis lazuli – those healing stones believed to assist with spiritual awareness, enhancing psychic power and intuition. Do you feel like you have something to share with the world? Sodalite with guide you in that journey.
- Green Aventurine – healing stone known as a comforter and heart healer, used to clear and activate the Heart Chakra for general well-being and emotional calm.
- Citrine – Intellect, ambition, personal power, protective.
- Tiger’s Eye– Brings luck and protection.
- Red Jasper – is a physically stabilizing stone thought to boost the immune system and as some would have believed even help counter the effects of aging.
How to activate crystals?
When you are “activating” a healing crystal, it means that you are trying to connect with its vibrations, energy consciously. All the gems can only work when we know what we want them to do. And willing to pass those intentions and purposes to the crystals before starting the work.
There’s no right and wrong recipe for doing so. Any crystal practitioner can have his or her own way of activating the stones. But amongst common recommendations is the following sequence:
- First, you have to clean your crystals. You may use the singing bowl, or smudge the stones with incense (lavender or sage, for example). You can also energize it with the light of the sun (or moon), or simply bathe it in salted water.
- Step two is grounding yourself. You have to be free of any negative energies as the stones may be influenced by it, and your work won’t be efficient at all.
- Once you’ve calm and focused, try to connect with the stones by intention mentally. And be open to receive their energy.
- Then focus on your purpose. Gems are working when they charged by the power of the vibrations of your thoughts too. So be clear about your intentions and wishes. Hold the crystals in the right hand and visualize the outcome you want. Connect with then outcome emotionally and let the stone get it. Keep it simple.
- The last step is to express gratitude to the crystals. That will start up your “receiving” mode, and you’ll get the best from the crystal healing session.
Chakras and crystals. Summary
Whether you are using it for meditation practices or just carrying your crystals around those have the power to help balance your chakra energies, thoughts, and emotions. It ushers in a feeling of joy, grounding energy, and clarity.
Each stone has its own specific frequency or vibration, so it’s important to remember which one works best with which chakra for a better outcome.
Every person’s journey is unique. And crystals can support us in bringing harmony and balance within our energy field. They can also assist us in evolving our consciousness by opening us up to certain energy frequencies.
If you’ve found the information above valuable, please, share it. And thank you for reading.
Disclosure: At Buddhatooth.com we only mention the products that we’ve researched and considered worthy. But it’s important to note that we are a participant of several affiliate programs, including but not limited to VigLink and Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a mean for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. As an Amazon Associate Buddhatooth.com earns from qualifying purchases.